16 May 2016

College Semester 2: ...And Accounted For

Current feels:


These past two weeks have been pretty much the fullest two weeks of my college experience so far.  And I loved every moment.

May 2nd & 3rd: Last classes, Monday and Tuesday.

May 4th: Wednesday off; HAPPY STAR WARS DAY hehe.

May 5th &6th: Finals Thursday and Friday -- as well as CIVIL WAR.




YES TWICE.

With screenwriting peeps. :D
First of all, Winter Soldier still has 1st place in my heart out of the Captain America trilogy. ;)

Second of all... IT WAS SO HYSTERICAL AND SPIDEY WAS PERFECT AND BLACK PANTHER WAS SO COOL AND THE REFERENCE TO STAR WARS WAS THE BEST REFERENCE EVER MADE EVER AND I LOVED BLACK WIDOW (AS USUAL) BECAUSE SHE WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO REALLY CARED ABOUT UNITY AND I KINDA SHIP SCARLET WITCH AND VISION AND WHY DID THEY PUT BUCKY BACK TO SLEEP I SWEAR IF HE DOESN'T COME BACK IN BLACK PANTHER I WILL BE SO MAD BECAUSE DEAR BUCKY IS FINALLY KINDA OKAY AND CAPTAIN AMERICA PUT DOWN THE STINKIN' SHIELD AND SPEAKING OF WHICH AS MUCH AS I HATE TO SAY IT STEVE NEEDED TO DIE IN THIS MOVIE AND THE SHIELD NEEDED TO GET PASSED TO BUCKY BECAUSE SO MANY REASONS THAT I WON'T GO INTO RIGHT NOW

Ahem.

May 7th: Saturday, I participated in the first annual LU Four Hour Film Festival!!

I was assigned the manager position, which I thoroughly enjoyed, basically being a producer type of person.  But it was really a collaborative effort between all of us -- fun, crazy, nerve-wreaking, and nooooow I just want to do it again because there's so many things I would do differently and so much I learned about making a film in four hours. ;)

Overall, it was wonderful for just getting experience shooting a film off the cuff, with a group of people you've never met before, in a very tight time frame, with absolutely no prep, no budget, no actors, and no equipment except the cameras on our phones.  Plus, I had fun, and it made me even more excited to get into the film program where I'll be able to make movies all the time.

ONE MORE YEAR, GUYS ONE MORE YEAR.

Sooooo... a few photos from the day courtesy of the festival's Facebook page:

Our team, "Rogue Two," being given our genre to work with.
Shooting...
Hard at work editing before the 5:30pm deadline!
And if you'd care to see the amusing end result, entitled "Gum-Shoe"... it's odd, be forewarned.  We had to include a shoe as a prop, the line "Trust the process" at some point in the dialogue, and our assigned genre was "mystery," soooo... yeah.  This is what came about. ;D

Oh, and keep an eye out for my little cameo (heh heh)...


May 8th: Sunday was church, chilling, and studying.

May 9th: More finals Monday, and the last 2nd Monday Cinema of the semester.

2nd Monday Cinema is a movie night the film program puts on every month, and this month, they showed all the short films shot at the Four Hour Film Festival, gave out awards to the various winners, showed BTS from the day -- and, of course, had everyone dress up for the occasion. ;)

Accepting our award of "Best Use of Dialogue," at the 2nd Monday Cinema awards night!
May 10th: LAST FINAL, for Screenwriting class, that Tuesday!!!  My script was finally read out loud (the very last of the whole class), and I turned in the final draft of my script, The Final Truth.

(Speaking of which... if any of you are interested in reading it, shoot me an email @ adventuresofanelvenprincess@gmail.com and I'll let you do just that!! It's only 13 pages, so no time commitment. And, feedback, people. I'd love to get some. :D)

May 11th: Wednesday we went to a matinee showing of Beauty and the Beast, which I've been helping to create the costumes for, for the past two months!  So that was kind of awesome... and the show really was wonderfully done.

May 12th: Thursday was my last day of work at the costume shop until the Fall -- 'twas a bittersweet day. :)

May 13th, 14th, 15th, & 16th: Finally time to chill out and do all the things I said I'd do once the semester came to an end, because...

Summer is finally HERE.

3 comments:

  1. I loved your little "gumshoe" film! Great job to you and the team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cosplay looks so fun! And congrats on your award :) it sounds like the last few months were a ton of fun!

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Job!!!! The video was super creative!!!!

    ReplyDelete