04 October 2015

Content in the 6th Week

Guys, I'm really content right now.

cap looks the way i feel after 6 weeks of college
This past week has been wonderful.  I couldn't say why... I can't really pin point any one particular event that "made my week."  I suppose it was just all the little things put together that made it special.

First of all, I completed two large-ish projects, and was very happy with how they turned out. The first was a 5 page paper for FACS 222 (sewing class), a reflective paper on a modesty book. Definitely not a difficult assignment, but I still really enjoyed working on the paper, and it ended up being quite solid.  I was pleased.  Maaaaajor creds to God for helping me with that...

*happy sigh*
The second assignment was a group presentation for CINE 101 (film class), on "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe."  We basically got to discuss and dissect the movie for an hour.  Now, if you know me at all, you know I do this sort of thing regardless, so it was great fun.  God definitely gave me peace and guided my words, because it went much better than it should have... ;)

Another little thing that helped make this week a good one, was a snowboarding sesh with my older sister and a friend from our #Fails2Rails snowboarding group.  For the first hour, we just snowboarded and chatted, and for the second hour we got a Snowflex instructor to give us a lesson!!  It was seriously the coolest thing.  And we're going to have another lesson on Monday. :D

eeeeppp!!!
Then, yesterday, we had an absolutely hilarious guest speaker for Convocation: the one and only, Tim Hawkins.  If you haven't heard of him before, go look him up on youtube.  If you have heard of him before, you'll understand why I was literally crying during that hour.  Best. convo. yet. That guy... hysterical.  My abs hurt today from laughing so hard... xD

oh sry there go my feels
Now I really must get back to working on a paper for PHIL 201 (philosophy)... it's a tricky little one-page thing that I'm kinda freaked out about.  It's an honors class, so it's been seriously challenging.  Thankfully, the professor is great -- but also a tough grader.  Prayers, anyone? Thanks so much.  Love y'all to death. ^_^  Oh btw -- Fall break is coming up!  Who's excited??? *me me me*

YAAAAAAAA

7 comments:

  1. Glad your week is going well! It sounds so fun :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that seriously what you do for school?!?!? That's AWESOME!!! Keep up the amazing work!!

    ~Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers definitely! Gotta love Tim Hawkins! So glad for you.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woooooooo! Fall break! Of course I will pray :D
    SO glad all is going well for you chum! And yes yes yes your GIFS are now en poite :P
    ~Ev

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! Yes, our snowboarding session was fun ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! It's so nice to meet another fellow Hobbit lover that has a blog! Not sure where to introduce myself but I suppose if you're interested in me and my nerdy fan-fic then you'll check out my blog: myadventuresinthehobbit.blogspot.com
    It's just a twisted version of the Hobbit... maybe you could even give me some feedback? I'd really appreciate it. By the way, I CAN'T WAIT FOR FALL BREAK! Hope your week gets even better! GODSPEED!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Beth! That sounds so cool and amazing! That's so awesome that Tim Hawkins came to speak! He cracks me up all the timeXDXDXD Glad you're having a great week! And yes Fall Break, ******pumps fist**** I can't wait!!!!!

    ReplyDelete